Produce and Grocery for Schools & Institutions
Our History in Schools and Institutions
Some of Ole Tyme Produce’s very first wholesale business was partnering with schools, dating back almost 50 years. With such an extensive history working with these institutions, we understand the importance of timely delivery and in-stock products due to the limited window of delivery days these institutions have for receiving, processing and serving. We view our partnership with schools like one may feel about their first child – the beginning; our roots.
- Customized quantities to meet client’s individual business needs.
- Premium Brands including Driscolls, Dole, D’Arrigo Brothers, Taylor Farms, Rainier, and Basciani Foods.
- Comprehensive Source for everything you need for a well-balanced, delicious, and diverse menu including: Produce, Specialty Produce, Specialty Italian Products, Dairy, Frozen, Grocery, Proteins, and Dry Goods.
- Fresh cut-ups and custom cuts.
- Unique products to support dietary requirements including gluten-free, vegan, organic, and clean-label items.
- Customized delivery schedule to meet client’s individual business needs.
- ELD monitoring to track deliveries and alert customers to any unexpected schedule changes.
- Convenient ordering options: online, phone, or email.
- Resources including weekly market reports, product alerts, and new promotions, order guides, and velocity reports.
- Live, on-site Customer Service in direct communication with our customers, our buyers, our warehouse crew, and our delivery drivers.
- Product tracking from the field to the customer (for product recall alerts when needed).
- Annual, third-party food safety audits and SQF (Safe Quality Food Level 2) excellence certifications posted on our website.
A state-of-the-art facility designed to keep food safe through:
- Constant digital monitoring of temperatures within a tenth of a degree.
- Refrigerated trucks and sealed shipping docks maintain the cold chain, ensuring safe products and preserving their shelf life.
- A St. Louis company since 1973, family-owned and operated.
- Customers are welcome to visit and tour our facility anytime.
- On-site Training and Conference Room (with full kitchen) available for customer use.
- Offering locally-grown produce and products including Cahokia Rice, Baetje Cheese, and Stuckmeyer Farm.
- Combining the personal service and community connection of a local distributor with the product availability and pricing of a national operator.
- Green Business Bureau Certified.
- Woman Owned Business Certified.
- Avendra and Produce Alliance approved vendor.
How We Serve in Schools and Institutions
We value the unique nature of operations required by our school partners. Ole Tyme Produce works with each school and institution to customize delivery schedules and ensure the availability of products needed to meet special dietary requirements. View our sell sheet for schools and institutions for additional information.