Tues, August 8th, 2023
Dear Ole Tyme Customers:
Commodity Alert: Broccoli
Broccoli has started to suffer due to the high temps experienced the past few weeks. Suppliers are seeing lower yields brought on by the heat along with quality issues for at least the next couple of weeks, potentially longer as high temps are expected to continue next week.
- Quality in the fields is showing branchiness and brown/yellow beads lowering yields.
- Growers in Mexico are battling insect pressure.
- All these quality issues along with the heat is causing lower yields for the next couples of weeks.
- Markets are going up as a result of the lower yields.
- Depending on the location of the fields, most suppliers will be watching averages #s.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your Sales Representative.
Ole Tyme Produce
“The produce purchased from Ole Tyme Produce is always fresh and expertly packaged. We—and our recipients—appreciate the high quality and variety of produce.”
Chief Executive Officer, Operation Food Search
“From the driver to the CEO they bend over backwards to meet your needs. One of the best vendors of any type we have. Highly recommend them.”
“In these days of large corporations, it's nice to partner with a local family business. Their name says it all, Ole Tyme Produce, reminding you that their family grown business provides the kind of service you reminisce about from the past with quality grown and delivered products. Over 25 years we have come to count on their outstanding customer service, quality products, and their hospitality driven staff which has helped us grow our successful business. We appreciate their partnership, and we look forward to working together for many years to come.”
Owner/Operator, The Original Pancake House