Thurs, August 10th, 2023
Dear Ole Tyme Customers:
Very light supplies continue on Brussels sprouts due to lower yields. Short supplies are expected to be short for a couple more weeks. Growers are still seeing seeders, some internal decay along with insect pressure. The seeder is also causing the Brussels to be misshapen (longer than normal).
- Value Added supplies are also limited due to the smaller sizing. Suppliers are struggling to cover averages.
- Oxnard supplies continue to be behind schedule due to all the rain during plantings.
- Salinas production has started to improve slightly. Looking for 7-10 days until Salinas production is closer to budget. Salinas supplies have been behind schedule due to all rain during plantings.
- Mexican production is moderate at best.
- The recent heat and erratic weather in Mexico have caused quality issues (seeders, tip burn and external decay) and is lowering yields
If you have any questions, please reach out to your Sales Representative.
Ole Tyme Produce
“The produce purchased from Ole Tyme Produce is always fresh and expertly packaged. We—and our recipients—appreciate the high quality and variety of produce.”
Chief Executive Officer, Operation Food Search
“From the driver to the CEO they bend over backwards to meet your needs. One of the best vendors of any type we have. Highly recommend them.”
“In these days of large corporations, it's nice to partner with a local family business. Their name says it all, Ole Tyme Produce, reminding you that their family grown business provides the kind of service you reminisce about from the past with quality grown and delivered products. Over 25 years we have come to count on their outstanding customer service, quality products, and their hospitality driven staff which has helped us grow our successful business. We appreciate their partnership, and we look forward to working together for many years to come.”
Owner/Operator, The Original Pancake House