Tue, April 25th, 2023
Dear Ole Tyme Produce Customers:
Cauliflower supplies continue to be extremely limited in Salinas and Santa Maria. Due to the recent continuous cold, wet, and rainy weather, cauliflower is off to a slow start in the Salinas Valley. With warm weather in the Salinas Valley forecasted, we hope supplies improve over the next three weeks.
- All suppliers are struggling to cover contract averages this week.
1 Growers attempt to buy any available acreage or product from other regions to fulfill contracts.
2 However, there is a minimal amount of raw product available, and the quality of the available product in the field is poor.
- Cauliflower growers are seeing as little as 30% yields this week.
- Subbing to another size, making an extra pick (possibly Santa Maria or Salinas), or utilizing an outside label will be necessary for coverage.
- Markets are trending higher: cauliflower is currently exceeding $80.00.
- We expect high markets to continue to remain strong until early May.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your Sales Representative or call our Customer Service team.
Ole Tyme Produce
“The produce purchased from Ole Tyme Produce is always fresh and expertly packaged. We—and our recipients—appreciate the high quality and variety of produce.”
Chief Executive Officer, Operation Food Search
“From the driver to the CEO they bend over backwards to meet your needs. One of the best vendors of any type we have. Highly recommend them.”
“In these days of large corporations, it's nice to partner with a local family business. Their name says it all, Ole Tyme Produce, reminding you that their family grown business provides the kind of service you reminisce about from the past with quality grown and delivered products. Over 25 years we have come to count on their outstanding customer service, quality products, and their hospitality driven staff which has helped us grow our successful business. We appreciate their partnership, and we look forward to working together for many years to come.”
Owner/Operator, The Original Pancake House