Fri, June 23rd, 2023
Dear Ole Tyme Customers:
UPDATE: Celery supplies continue to be extremely limited due to the many rainstorms Salinas & Oxnard experienced the last few months. Celery shippers in Salinas are behind schedule with product not sizing up.
- Expect market pricing to continue to go up as all suppliers will have limited supplies and will struggle to cover averages.
- Shippers are seeing seeder issues at the end of the Oxnard season as well as Salinas causing lowering yields.
- Celery fields in Salinas are 2-3 weeks behind causing a gap in supplies.
- Suppliers will be struggling to cover averages to get through this shortage in Oxnard and the start of Salinas.
- Black heart along with decay is causing lower yields as well.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your Sales Representative.
Ole Tyme Produce
“The produce purchased from Ole Tyme Produce is always fresh and expertly packaged. We—and our recipients—appreciate the high quality and variety of produce.”
Chief Executive Officer, Operation Food Search
“From the driver to the CEO they bend over backwards to meet your needs. One of the best vendors of any type we have. Highly recommend them.”
“In these days of large corporations, it's nice to partner with a local family business. Their name says it all, Ole Tyme Produce, reminding you that their family grown business provides the kind of service you reminisce about from the past with quality grown and delivered products. Over 25 years we have come to count on their outstanding customer service, quality products, and their hospitality driven staff which has helped us grow our successful business. We appreciate their partnership, and we look forward to working together for many years to come.”
Owner/Operator, The Original Pancake House