Mon, August 14th, 2023
Dear Ole Tyme Customers:
UPDATE: The heat over the last few weeks in the Mexicali area is starting to cause quality and supply issues on Green Onions.
- The increased heat in Mexico has caused plants to just stop growing.
- The Green Onions that are growing are maturing too quickly and are leading to various quality issues (crooked shanks/excess peeling around the root) causing lower yields.
- The heat/ground temps have kept the production season ahead of schedule and now a supply gap has started.
- The market will be going up as we move through this gap in supplies.
- Product grown in this sort of heat tends to break down quicker post-harvest.
- Expect supplies to be tight the next 3-4 weeks.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your Sales Representative.
Ole Tyme Produce
“The produce purchased from Ole Tyme Produce is always fresh and expertly packaged. We—and our recipients—appreciate the high quality and variety of produce.”
Chief Executive Officer, Operation Food Search
“From the driver to the CEO they bend over backwards to meet your needs. One of the best vendors of any type we have. Highly recommend them.”
“In these days of large corporations, it's nice to partner with a local family business. Their name says it all, Ole Tyme Produce, reminding you that their family grown business provides the kind of service you reminisce about from the past with quality grown and delivered products. Over 25 years we have come to count on their outstanding customer service, quality products, and their hospitality driven staff which has helped us grow our successful business. We appreciate their partnership, and we look forward to working together for many years to come.”
Owner/Operator, The Original Pancake House