Wed, Sept 20th, 2023
Dear Ole Tyme Customers:
Iceberg supplies are tightening up. Current iceberg fields in the Salinas Valley are seeing Bottom Rot and Riblight. Smaller size heads and lighter weights are also being seen in current fields.
- Look for the market to move up going into next week.
- Suppliers will be watching averages to get through this shortage of supplies.
- Supplies will be limited next couple of weeks.
- We will shop open market lettuce and may be an extra pick on the truck.
- Suppliers may utilize their 2nd label to pack their lettuce.
- Lettuce will be weighing much lighter, as most suppliers are ahead in their planting schedule.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your Sales Representative.
Ole Tyme Produce
“The produce purchased from Ole Tyme Produce is always fresh and expertly packaged. We—and our recipients—appreciate the high quality and variety of produce.”
Chief Executive Officer, Operation Food Search
“From the driver to the CEO they bend over backwards to meet your needs. One of the best vendors of any type we have. Highly recommend them.”
“In these days of large corporations, it's nice to partner with a local family business. Their name says it all, Ole Tyme Produce, reminding you that their family grown business provides the kind of service you reminisce about from the past with quality grown and delivered products. Over 25 years we have come to count on their outstanding customer service, quality products, and their hospitality driven staff which has helped us grow our successful business. We appreciate their partnership, and we look forward to working together for many years to come.”
Owner/Operator, The Original Pancake House