Mint, Arugula, Broccoli
Mint, Arugula, Broccoli
Tue, December 13th, 2022
Dear Ole Tyme Produce Customers-
As we continue to monitor the latest commodity reports, we wanted to share some insights regarding the following commodities: Mint, Arugula, and Broccoli.
- Mint: Mint is going to be very challenging this week. Currently, nothing has crossed from Mexico and all outside alternative sources do not have any product either. The plants in Mexico are too small to harvest at this time and we are being informed there could potentially be a lack of product availability for the next two weeks.
- Arugula: Arugula will be extremely limited all next week. The cool weather continues to stunt the growth of these plants. Multiple shippers are letting us know this commodity will have minimal to no availability next week.
- Expect little to no product available for next week.
- Due to current cooler mornings and evenings, expect later than normal arrivals to the coolers.
- We will continue to shop for all your needs.
- Broccoli: Although many proactive levers were pulled to try and get ahead and lessen the load for TFMX through the holiday, the cumulative effect of multiple harvest crews missing multiple days in a row has left the TFMX plant short on the raw product.
- Only four of the twenty-three crews showed up yesterday to work which in turn has caused a major shortage in raw broccoli to be processed this week.
- TFMX will need to prorate broccoli orders throughout the remainder of the week with the goal of higher fill rates as they get in a better harvest position by the end of the week.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to your Sales Representative or our Customer Service team.
Ole Tyme Produce
“The produce purchased from Ole Tyme Produce is always fresh and expertly packaged. We—and our recipients—appreciate the high quality and variety of produce.”
Chief Executive Officer, Operation Food Search
“From the driver to the CEO they bend over backwards to meet your needs. One of the best vendors of any type we have. Highly recommend them.”
“In these days of large corporations, it's nice to partner with a local family business. Their name says it all, Ole Tyme Produce, reminding you that their family grown business provides the kind of service you reminisce about from the past with quality grown and delivered products. Over 25 years we have come to count on their outstanding customer service, quality products, and their hospitality driven staff which has helped us grow our successful business. We appreciate their partnership, and we look forward to working together for many years to come.”
Owner/Operator, The Original Pancake House