Tue, November 1st, 2022
Dear Ole Tyme Customers,
UPDATE: Row crop supplies the next couple weeks will be worse off as the Salinas season comes to an end. We now are seeing product in all areas so trucks may need to load in Salinas and Huron or Huron and Yuma, etc. All areas are struggling to keep up with demand as supplies continue to get worse as we approach transition. Yuma has started slowly this week with more items starting next week.
- All row crop suppliers will be watching extreme averages (and a % of averages) to get through the supply situation.
- All items will have substandard quality from the heat and rain (INSV & Fusarium).
- Internal burn, discoloration, misshapen heads common defects reported on the lettuce, romaine and green leaf.
- Pin Rot is being reported on the Broccoli
- Mold and discoloration are being reported on the Cauliflower.
- Expect these markets to continue to stay high until we get to Yuma.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your Sales Representative.
Ole Tyme Produce
“The produce purchased from Ole Tyme Produce is always fresh and expertly packaged. We—and our recipients—appreciate the high quality and variety of produce.”
Chief Executive Officer, Operation Food Search
“From the driver to the CEO they bend over backwards to meet your needs. One of the best vendors of any type we have. Highly recommend them.”
“In these days of large corporations, it's nice to partner with a local family business. Their name says it all, Ole Tyme Produce, reminding you that their family grown business provides the kind of service you reminisce about from the past with quality grown and delivered products. Over 25 years we have come to count on their outstanding customer service, quality products, and their hospitality driven staff which has helped us grow our successful business. We appreciate their partnership, and we look forward to working together for many years to come.”
Owner/Operator, The Original Pancake House