Thu, October 6th, 2022
Dear Ole Tyme Customers:
UPDATE: All lettuce, leaf, broccoli and cauliflower packs all continue to be in a demand exceeds situation. The recent heat and rain continue to cause quality issues and lower yields. These items will be extremely limited until we transition to Yuma (Mid November).
- Expect all suppliers to watch averages to get through the supply shortage.
- All items will have substandard quality from the heat and rain.
- Internal burn, discoloration, misshapen heads common defects reported on the lettuce, romaine and green leaf.
- Pin Rot is being reported on the Broccoli.
- Mold and discoloration is being reported on the Cauliflower.
- Expect these markets to continue to stay high until we get to Yuma.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your Sales Representative.
Ole Tyme Produce
“The produce purchased from Ole Tyme Produce is always fresh and expertly packaged. We—and our recipients—appreciate the high quality and variety of produce.”
Chief Executive Officer, Operation Food Search
“From the driver to the CEO they bend over backwards to meet your needs. One of the best vendors of any type we have. Highly recommend them.”
“In these days of large corporations, it's nice to partner with a local family business. Their name says it all, Ole Tyme Produce, reminding you that their family grown business provides the kind of service you reminisce about from the past with quality grown and delivered products. Over 25 years we have come to count on their outstanding customer service, quality products, and their hospitality driven staff which has helped us grow our successful business. We appreciate their partnership, and we look forward to working together for many years to come.”
Owner/Operator, The Original Pancake House