Fri, August 26th, 2022
Dear Ole Tyme Customers:
Commodity Alert: Tomatoes
Tomato prices are continuing to rise. Supplies are limited as inclement weather is affecting production in Mexico and the East Coast.
- East Coast rain has a limited harvest of round and Roma tomatoes
- Yields are down and quality is fair
- Cherry and grape tomato prices are holding steady
- Mexico is dealing with similar issues as heavy rain and flooding have reduced crossings
- Transportation has been a challenge due to road closures causing delayed inbounds
- Growers are still assessing crop damage; if any
- California supply is adequate, however, demand has shifted to the west keeping upward pressure on the market
- Less acreage was planted this year due to drought conditions and water allocations
- Quality is good
Expectations: Expect higher markets over the next few weeks until fall crops begin in mid -September.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your Sales Representative.
Ole Tyme Produce
“The produce purchased from Ole Tyme Produce is always fresh and expertly packaged. We—and our recipients—appreciate the high quality and variety of produce.”
Chief Executive Officer, Operation Food Search
“From the driver to the CEO they bend over backwards to meet your needs. One of the best vendors of any type we have. Highly recommend them.”
“In these days of large corporations, it's nice to partner with a local family business. Their name says it all, Ole Tyme Produce, reminding you that their family grown business provides the kind of service you reminisce about from the past with quality grown and delivered products. Over 25 years we have come to count on their outstanding customer service, quality products, and their hospitality driven staff which has helped us grow our successful business. We appreciate their partnership, and we look forward to working together for many years to come.”
Owner/Operator, The Original Pancake House