Thurs, August 3rd, 2023
Dear Ole Tyme Produce Customers:
- 48ct and larger sizes continue to be extremely scarce.
- Markets continue to sky-rocket on 60ct and larger fruit.
- Peak sizes are 60ct and smaller.
- With 48ct being nearly non-existent, 60ct market is rising due to programs switching their 48ct business to 60ct.
- Rain is impacting harvest crews which slows the process of fruit crossing the border.
- Flora Loca is also extremely tight on #2 grade fruit as the main grade are #1’s.
- Dry matter is improving, but is still low, affecting ripening times.
- Flexibility on alternate country of origin’s and size exceptions will be needed to cover orders.
- Please send orders with as much lead time as possible to help with ripening and inventory planning.
- California crop is expected to be depleted by the end of August.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to your Sales Representative or our Customer Service team.
Ole Tyme Produce
“The produce purchased from Ole Tyme Produce is always fresh and expertly packaged. We—and our recipients—appreciate the high quality and variety of produce.”
Chief Executive Officer, Operation Food Search
“From the driver to the CEO they bend over backwards to meet your needs. One of the best vendors of any type we have. Highly recommend them.”
“In these days of large corporations, it's nice to partner with a local family business. Their name says it all, Ole Tyme Produce, reminding you that their family grown business provides the kind of service you reminisce about from the past with quality grown and delivered products. Over 25 years we have come to count on their outstanding customer service, quality products, and their hospitality driven staff which has helped us grow our successful business. We appreciate their partnership, and we look forward to working together for many years to come.”
Owner/Operator, The Original Pancake House