Mon, Jan 8th, 2024
Dear Ole Tyme Produce Customers:
The growing conditions are extremely tight and widespread throughout the Californian citrus industry. Below, are outlined of the conditions:
California Navel Oranges
- Fruit is currently peaking on 72ct and larger; 88/113/138ct are extremely scarce and will be this way through the navel season.
- Fruit will continue to size up as the season progresses due to low fruit set and rain events.
- Please be flexible with size and grade as we navigate our way through this extremely tight Navel season.
- Lead time is very important; please send orders 3-4 days in advance.
- Allocation percentages on 113/138ct are expected to come in play in the very near future.
- Quality is good; Brix are in the 12-14 range.
- Zero gassing at this time.
Florida Juicing Oranges
- Current varieties are Pineapples and Valencias.
- Sizing is 100ct and larger.
- Very few 125ct available.
- Season is expected to run through April.
"Due to growing conditions beyond our control, we are experiencing an extraordinary scarcity of smaller-sized navel oranges (88s, 113s, 138s, and smaller). This challenge is not exclusive to our crop but instead widespread throughout the Californian citrus industry as a whole. As a result, our current availability and foreseeable supply leans towards larger-sized fruit.
Because we recognize the impact this may have on your operations, we genuinely appreciate your understanding and patience as our team actively addresses this challenge by working diligently to provide both short term alternatives as well as longer term solutions."- Sunkist Growers
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to your Sales Representative or our Customer Service team.
Ole Tyme Produce
“The produce purchased from Ole Tyme Produce is always fresh and expertly packaged. We—and our recipients—appreciate the high quality and variety of produce.”
Chief Executive Officer, Operation Food Search
“From the driver to the CEO they bend over backwards to meet your needs. One of the best vendors of any type we have. Highly recommend them.”
“In these days of large corporations, it's nice to partner with a local family business. Their name says it all, Ole Tyme Produce, reminding you that their family grown business provides the kind of service you reminisce about from the past with quality grown and delivered products. Over 25 years we have come to count on their outstanding customer service, quality products, and their hospitality driven staff which has helped us grow our successful business. We appreciate their partnership, and we look forward to working together for many years to come.”
Owner/Operator, The Original Pancake House