Oranges (Rain in the Central Valley)
Oranges (Rain the Central Valley)
Tues Nov 7th, 2023
Dear Ole Tyme Produce Customers:
UPDATE: Oranges (Rain in the Central Valley)
- Valencias are depleted; Navels will be the main variety by the end of this week.
- Peak sizes on navels to start out are 72ct/88ct/113ct.
- Supplies are expected to increase week over week as harvest ramps up, but Mother Nature has different plans in store.
- Heavy rain is expected next week, beginning Tuesday and expected to end Saturday.
- Shippers are doing all they can to fill up the sheds, but harvest will be affected as rain will prevent crews from getting in the groves.
- Week of 11/20 will be extremely tight depending on if shippers are able to harvest.
- Flexibility on loading dates and sizes may be needed to maneuver through this inclement weather.
- Current gas times are around 72-96hrs (3-4 days); current brix are 10-11.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to your Sales Representative or our Customer Service team.
Ole Tyme Produce
“The produce purchased from Ole Tyme Produce is always fresh and expertly packaged. We—and our recipients—appreciate the high quality and variety of produce.”
Chief Executive Officer, Operation Food Search
“From the driver to the CEO they bend over backwards to meet your needs. One of the best vendors of any type we have. Highly recommend them.”
“In these days of large corporations, it's nice to partner with a local family business. Their name says it all, Ole Tyme Produce, reminding you that their family grown business provides the kind of service you reminisce about from the past with quality grown and delivered products. Over 25 years we have come to count on their outstanding customer service, quality products, and their hospitality driven staff which has helped us grow our successful business. We appreciate their partnership, and we look forward to working together for many years to come.”
Owner/Operator, The Original Pancake House