Thurs, Nov 2nd, 2023
Dear Ole Tyme Produce Customers:
We are experiencing a very acute shortage of strawberries. Multiple factors are contributing to this current disruption of supply. See below the factors contributing to disruption:
- Salinas and Watsonville are finishing adding demand pressure to the lightly producing areas in the South.
- Colder weather on the West Coast in an already declining crop cycle in Santa Maria is reducing yields.
- Mexican production is slow to ramp up with adverse weather affecting yields being sent into Texas.
- Florida will not begin producing fruit until mid-December.
- Baja production will not begin until late December.
- Shippers are concentrating on covering contracts and previous commitments only. Fill rates may be applied.
We expect pricing to continue to increase as we move into next week.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to your Sales Representative or our Customer Service team.
Ole Tyme Produce
“The produce purchased from Ole Tyme Produce is always fresh and expertly packaged. We—and our recipients—appreciate the high quality and variety of produce.”
Chief Executive Officer, Operation Food Search
“From the driver to the CEO they bend over backwards to meet your needs. One of the best vendors of any type we have. Highly recommend them.”
“In these days of large corporations, it's nice to partner with a local family business. Their name says it all, Ole Tyme Produce, reminding you that their family grown business provides the kind of service you reminisce about from the past with quality grown and delivered products. Over 25 years we have come to count on their outstanding customer service, quality products, and their hospitality driven staff which has helped us grow our successful business. We appreciate their partnership, and we look forward to working together for many years to come.”
Owner/Operator, The Original Pancake House