Wed, March 29th, 2023
Dear Ole Tyme Produce Customers:
STRAWBERRIES: Please see the current field conditions in between rain events out of the Oxnard and Santa Maria areas. As you can see the fields are very wet with more scattered showers expected. The berries are holding up well but the coloration is lacking.
- We can expect to see white shoulders and some light discoloration due to the rain and cold temperatures.
- Yields will be at a minimum over the next several days.
- We will see sporadic rain over the next 2 days.
- Colder temperatures will slow down the ripening process.
- We will not see any acceleration in production until late next week when the temperatures begin to warm up to the low 70s (see graph below)
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to your Sales Representative or our Customer Service team.
Ole Tyme Produce
Current 3/29 11am pst
8pm 3/29 pst
“The produce purchased from Ole Tyme Produce is always fresh and expertly packaged. We—and our recipients—appreciate the high quality and variety of produce.”
Chief Executive Officer, Operation Food Search
“From the driver to the CEO they bend over backwards to meet your needs. One of the best vendors of any type we have. Highly recommend them.”
“In these days of large corporations, it's nice to partner with a local family business. Their name says it all, Ole Tyme Produce, reminding you that their family grown business provides the kind of service you reminisce about from the past with quality grown and delivered products. Over 25 years we have come to count on their outstanding customer service, quality products, and their hospitality driven staff which has helped us grow our successful business. We appreciate their partnership, and we look forward to working together for many years to come.”
Owner/Operator, The Original Pancake House